03 Mar 10 Great Projects to take on this Spring
Posted at 01:38h in Uncategorized
- Have your pool equipment checked.
- Change your air filters in your air-conditioning.
- Get your lawn mower tuned up- drain the old gas out if it’s been sitting all off season, change the oil, change the gas filter.
- Check your window and door screens – you can get a patch kit at the big box store. It’s also really easy to replace them if you need too with a screen kit.
- Have your roof checked by a professional roofer. Hint- look around your yard for pieces of shingles that may have broken off for various reasons.
- Clean out your gutters – gutters are your 1st line of defense from water migration and can be a real problem when they back up and don’t flow correctly.
- Clean out the ashes from your fireplace and make sure the flue is closed. There many uses for ashes: 1) add some to your compost heap 2) add some to your flower beds 3) spread some in the yard
- Repair your wood fence. 1) power wash with bio degradable detergent 2) repair loose and missing slats 3) stain it and bring it back to life. 4) tighten loose bolts on the gate 5) re-enforce loose fence posts.
- Check the weather stripping around your doors. Self-sticking foam is easy and cheap. Also don’t forget to check the bottom of your doors and make sure blowing water can’t get in.
- Clean your windows so you can enjoy the arrival of spring!