03 Mar What to do with trees you lose.
Today’s Green Tip
Brought to you by Hargrave Foundation Repair – The Original Hargrave Foundation-
It’s the time of year when we trim trees or sometimes lose them to inclement weather. Here’s a few things you can do with those trees instead of sending them to the landfill.
- Cut into logs for the fireplace. If you don’t want them your neighbors might. Hint: You can call a firewood company to take them off and sell them as firewood.
- Contact a local wood mill and have them milled and kiln dried. Hint: you can use this wood for Fireplace Mantels, Furniture, or wood paneling for your home.
- Trim the branches and use them as borders for your flower beds.
- Some trees can be used for fence posts and rails for a rustic look.
- Woods chips – have the tree trimmer chip the branches for ground cover for your gardens.
- Create outdoor benches and tables for an outdoor fire pit. Hint : then you can burn the wood in the pit.
- Get creative and use the smaller branches for decorative items around the house Hint: curtain rods, table centerpieces, and wall art.